The Evolution of AI in the Marketing Landscape
When you first think of AI, you might think of silly robots in movies or children play with, but it has become so much more than that with even more capabilities. It can be used for marketing now and help make smarter decisions when determining online marketing strategies. You probably didn’t even realize it’s usually a chatbot when you talk on a live chat online. The chatbot starts out with simple questions before connecting you with a real customer service representative this makes the process more succinct by directing you to the correct person. You can find out new insights from the customer data provided via AI.
5 Game-Changing AI Marketing Strategies
Besides being helpful with basic marketing strategies and implementing chatbots for live chats, there are other ways that AI has helped with marketing strategies. It just continues to become more and more normal to use AI in addition to the marketing tools you already use. Using it concurrently with the tools you already have can only strengthen your internet marketing strategy even more.
1. Hyper-Personalization of Customer Experiences
This benefit makes it easier to enhance and improve customer experience. This is done with tailored content and recommendations from personal preferences and behaviors, which can create a satisfying user experience. There’s also an increase in conversion rates with hyper-personalization. It leads to more effective marketing campaigns and e-commerce strategies. There’s enhanced customer loyalty by continuously pushing out personalized experiences. This gives companies a strong relationship with their customers. Personalization can also make businesses stand out more to customers.
2. Predictive Analytics for More Precise Forecasting
One of the subsets of AI is predictive analytics. It’s based on statistics. It makes its predictions off data, providing better business intelligence insights. If you give AI sales data, it can come up with sales projections for the next month, quarter, or year. It can also predict the marketing campaign’s performance and how likely it is to convert customers based on their behavior and past purchases.
3. Chatbots and Virtual Assistants for Enhanced Customer Support
Chatbots can help with customer queries or complaints regarding products or services. Most people can’t even tell they are talking to a robot unless is explicitly mentioned because of how naturally it’s worded when chatting with someone. It’s because the chatbot is linked up to a computer program that simulates human-like conversations. It uses natural language processing (NLP) algorithms to interact with people.
Since it’s a mundane interaction with customers, more and more businesses are using it for customers’ basic questions. It helps get feedback, onboarding, order processing, marketing, lead generation, product recommendations, and social media engagement. After answering some basic questions, the chatbot will usually connect the person to a customer service representative if they have more extensive questions or still need help that the chatbot can’t answer.
4. Optimized Media Buying through Programmatic Advertising
AI’s role in programmatic advertising is an auction-based system that implements automated buying and selling via an advertising space. People buying and selling ad space can optimize the results through programmatic advertising via AI. AI can learn from new patterns they get along the way and adapt their actions. Some other features programmatic advertising has with AI are:
- Personalization: AI gathers data about the users visiting the specific website. The data gathered can be used to segment the audience to be more relevant and more personalized ad content to each person.
- Content matching: Natural Language Processing, a component of AI, is used to improve the relevance contextually of ads by comparing the content of an ad to the content of a website, ensuring that the ads are displayed only on the relevant websites.
- Budgeting: AI can help people advertise adjust the bidding strategies on the customer information and determine the right price for the ad space they are willing to purchase. There’s a reduction in ad spend and an increase in the return on investment. It can help to determine which advertisers will be more successful with the bids on the ad space.
- Predictive analytics: The AI algorithms can show predictive insights by looking at a range of factors, which are the customer’s browsing history, the customer’s installed apps, the customer’s past purchases, and the customer’s past interactions with ads.
5. Content Generation and Optimization
AI optimization is optimizing content that will likely rank high on search engine pages. AI uses content optimization software that is machine learning algorithms. The overall goal is to make content relevant to users’ search queries while double-checking its search engine friendly. The steps that AI can help support with creating optimized content:
- Content discovery: This includes keyword research, spotting quick marketing wins, user intent detection, competitor analysis, and figuring out what kind of content ranks the best.
- Content creation: The new content will be based on the content audit that’s done. Using AI tools for blog writing helps push out content faster and get ideas on what you can write about.
- AI content optimization: When optimizing your content, most AI content writing software automatically creates an SEO-optimized content outline and briefs.
- Content promotion: Using artificial intelligence in the content marketing sphere simplifies social media marketing, influencer outreach, and link building.
It’s important to follow the four steps to ensure you get the best-optimized content. There are so many benefits to using AI for content optimization. Some of the benefits are:
- Avoids manual errors: Some errors are preventable by not having a human touch. Those errors are targeting the wrong keywords, drawing the wrong conclusions, not using the right keywords, and not including the right topics.
- Informs your content strategy: AI can give you insights about your content strategy.
- Saves time: You can spend less time optimizing content due to AI doing most of the work.
- Cost-effective: It’s cheaper to have AI write and optimize content due to not having to pay freelancers or full-time employees.
A New Era of Data-Driven Marketing
When looking for the best strategy to gain the best results, AI can simplify your life with marketing and creating quality optimized content. AI marketing is part of the ever-evolving future of digital marketing and can only improve with time and improving upon some of the errors that it’s made.
Since it’s still pretty new to the marketing industry, it’s important to not over-rely on AI tools for marketing and to always double-check before submitting something online or to a client. It’s more of a resource to help with strategy and less about taking everything it says and using it in your strategy. To learn more about how AI marketing is changing the industry, call Blue Interactive Agency at (954) 504-9105.