How to use blog posts to power your social media marketing strategies
Ever wonder how social media marketing agencies can achieve such impressive results? Here’s a tip: it’s not about marketing harder, it’s about marketing smarter. One of the most important social media marketing tips we can pass on is that you don’t have to create an enormous amount of content to market your business through social media, you just have to learn how to use the content you already produce as effectively as possible. When a social marketing agency writes a blog for a client, they don’t just post it on the company’s website and wait for customers to find it. Instead, a skilled social marketer can use that single blog post to power a whole host of social marketing strategies. To help you market your business as effectively as the pros do, we’re going to share some easy social media marketing tips that will show you how to take a single blog post, maximize its marketing performance, and then use it across a range of social sharing sites to promote you and your business. Let’s get started!
Social media marketing tip #1: Preparing your blog post for maximum social engagement
Search optimization is a key step when marketing your business through social media. Since your end goal is to drive more business to your company, you need to do everything possible to get your social posts noticed by as many people in your target audience as possible. SEO strategies can help you accomplish this. Begin by optimizing your blog before you post it on your website:
- Research trending keywords
- Add 2 or 3 keywords to your blog copy and include in title
- Write an enticing blurb for the Meta Description that includes the focus keyword – this is going to feature prominently in your social marketing strategies
- Post on your website
Social media marketing tip #2: Sharing your blog on social marketing sites
When you share your blog through social media, you achieve several key marketing goals at once. You keep your business top of mind with customers, encourage them to visit your website, extend your marketing reach to customers’ contacts, and establish your business as an industry authority. Some steps that will help you build your business by sharing your blogs through various social media marketing strategies:
- Choose the ideal social strategies to reach your target audience:
- B2C – focus on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- B2B – concentrate on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn
- Include a link to your blog in your social media posts
- Use your blog’s Meta description in the copy of your social post to entice readers to click through (shorten for Twitter). By using the same copy as your meta description, you help strengthen Google’s awareness of the post’s relevance which can raise its position in search results
- Research trending hashtags related to your industry and blog post, then include two or three in your social media posts (except on LinkedIn – the social sharing site does not use hashtags)
Social media marketing tip #3: Publishing your blog on social sharing sites
Publishing your blog on your personal and business page on LinkedIn, Blogger, and other social sharing sites is another way you can use your blog post to market your business. When you publish your blog through these sites, you can accomplish several key marketing objectives. You enable more customers to see your posts, which extends your marketing reach. Publishing relevant posts on subjects that matter to your customers and peers helps establish your reputation as an industry authority and thought leader, which will ultimately bring more business to your company. And lastly, publishing new content on a regular basis helps to raise your social profile, making it easier for customers to find your posts.
- Find an attention-grabbing photo or image to publish with your post.
- Avoid copyright infringement by making sure that the image is either copyright free, licensed under a creative commons license, or from a site with which you have a paid account
- Carefully choose the social sites that permit story publishing for the sake of marketing promotion
For more social marketing tips, along with complete support services for all your social marketing strategies, turn to Blue Interactive Agency. Our marketing team can help you create coordinated campaigns that use the full range of interactive marketing strategies to build your business, with professional blog writing services, expert SEO services, social marketing strategies, email marketing services, and more.
Contact us at Blue Interactive Agency today at 954-779-2801 for complete support for your social media marketing strategies to ensure the ongoing success of your business!