What is SEO Marketing?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the term used to describe the optimization performed on websites and online content to help improve its visibility on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). In essence, SEO marketing strategies are done by businesses or marketing companies on behalf of businesses to help them appear higher on Google’s result page when searching for relevant terms. For example, the websites that appear when you search for a term on Google such as “plumber in New York.”
SEO marketing is what drives organic traffic to your website as opposed to paid ads on a platform such as Facebook where every click is paid for. With organic traffic originating from search engine results, you don’t have to pay for every click, only for the SEO marketing that helps your website to achieve higher rankings on Google search result pages.
SEO, including content marketing that uses keywords, should be the driving force behind any effective digital marketing campaign. It is one of the most cost-effect forms of marketing that has numerous benefits outside of improving your marketing ROI.
What are the Benefits of SEO?
If your business wants to see excellent ROI for your marketing efforts online, then SEO marketing is key. By optimizing your website and content to help it to appear higher on search engine results, your business can enjoy benefits such as:
- Increased website traffic: With higher ranking in SERPs, especially if you appear within the first few results, will drive more traffic to your website.
- Targeted traffic: Not only will you have more traffic to your website but through targeted keyword and search term optimization through extensive keyword research, your website will receive targeted traffic helping to increase sales conversion rates.
- Improve brand credibility and authority: If your website is among the top results for certain search terms, especially to do with finding out more information about a topic, then your business will be seen as credible and authoritative.
- Excellent ROI: SEO marketing is very cost-effective because once you are established in SERPs, then you need to do very little to maintain the traffic volume you are seeing. You don’t have to pay for every click like you would with paid advertising.
- Competitive advantage: If you appear above your immediate competitors in search results, it will give your business the competitive edge it needs to thrive.
- Increased reach: SEO can help to draw in a wide range of customers no matter what stage of the buying funnel they may be in as opposed to paid ads that target certain demographics.
- Improves local business: With location SEO, you will be able to tap into a highly motivated customer base that is seeking local services.
- Improves user experience: Part of SEO is optimizing a website for the user. Customers will remain on your website longer and will be more willing to return.
SEO Marketing: 12 Strategies to Improve Visibility
The SEO landscape is one that constantly changes as Google’s algorithms that rank websites changes. However, there are some basic elements and strategies that can help to improve your website’s visibility in SERPs. They are as follows:
- Keyword research to identify relevant and popular search terms related to your services and products
- Create new content based on your keyword research, preferably low-competition keywords
- Optimize existing content including meta tags, alt tags, etc.
- Build backlinks from authoritative websites
- Track your metrics
- Optimize your site for mobile users
- Improve your website load times
- Focus on local SEO
- Use internal link structures
- Manage your reputation with social media and reviews
- Provide an always-on messaging service
- Monitor trends
How to Implement SEO Marketing into Your Business’s Strategy
It’s best to start your SEO marketing by creating a plan with simple steps that break down the entire process of an online marketing strategy. You can implement SEO into your business’s strategy by doing the following:
- Create goals for what you hope to achieve such as boosting sales
- Conduct a website audit to see where you currently stand
- Make a list of the topics you want on your website
- Build pages for each topic
- Create a blog to funnel new content through
- Create a blogging schedule
- Create a link-building plan
- Stay up-to-date with SEO best practices
- Constantly measure and track your performance
Call Blue Interactive Today for Your Marketing Needs
Creating an effective SEO marketing campaign can be daunting but you don’t have to hire a new team to get it done; you can hire an already established company with a proven track record such as Blue Interactive Agency.
Blue is a completely results-driven online marketing agency. We know SEO marketing and you know your business – together, we can help you to achieve your sales and growth goals through our full-service online marketing company.
Contact Blue today at 954-779-2801 and partner with one of the best digital marketing companies that specialize in SEO marketing campaigns and strategies.